Thursday 15 April 2010

Preparations for Chile

Preparations for my trip to Chile are going well. I collected my Poster today. I will be presenting a poster at the WFOT Congress on occupational therapists development of service user involvement. My paper is also now written and the slides submitted to WFOT2010. The only problem I discovered today when I checked the revised timetable for my poster presentation, is that I have been programmed to deliver my paper and my poster at the same time on the morning of Friday 7th May - during a four day Congress with all the speakers involved the psychomterician in me (my PhD is in neuropsychology and psychometrics) was pondering on the probability of this arising!! So I have contacted to Congress organisers today to inform them of this challenge and request the time for my poster is changed.

I also spent some time with Sue Copeland today, research administrator for the Research Centre for Occupation and Mental Health (RCOMH) to check the final details and guest list for our event to celebrate the international launch of RCOMH. This is being held on Wednesday 5th May at the WFOT Congress. Professor Sharon Britnell, President of WFOT, has kindly agreed to open the event and Naomi Hankinson, Chair of the BAOT & COT Council has also agreed to say a few words. If you will be at the WFOT Congress and would like to recieve an invitation to attend the event please e-mail RCOMH.WFOT@yorksj.ac.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment