Thursday 22 April 2010

So here I am at long last in Santiago, Chile. I'm staying at Time Apartments just across the road from Time Suites where the WFOT Executive Management Team meeting has been held this week. It seems rather ironic and unfair that I ended up arriving before Sam Shann (WFOT Vice President for Finance) and Ritchard Ledgerd (my predessor, who is also on the Executive Managment Team) - we need to keep our fingers crossed that third time they attempt the journey they are lucky - becuase they have each had two flights cancelled now. I understand that this week EMT has been conducted long-distance by conference call and Skype.

I had my best ever long-haul flight becuase I was upgraded to buisness class and had a very comfortable seat and managed some sleep and I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise. The sky along the horizon was so pink it was fushia, and the colours blended through crimson, orange, gold and purple and radiated into a ink balck sky, dotted with twinlking stars - it was a sight to lift the spirits and gave me a deep sense of hope and anticipation for a productive Council meeting and a fantastic WFOT Congress. The rewards continued with a breathtaking view of the Andes as we started to desend over Santiago.

I have a great studio apartment at Time Apartments and have spent the rest of the day unpacking, settling in for my 17 day stay and exploring the local area. I experienced a Chilean supermarcado to get some provisions as the apartment comes with a kitchenette.

Well I'm gettin really sleepy now - so I plan an early night. Especially as I have booked to go on a tour to the coast tomorrow on a tour to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar.

No comments:

Post a Comment